GENERAL PRINCIPLES & CODE OF CONDUCT
To this end Vrishank textiles pledges, in all activities carried out by the organization, to:
- 1. Take full account of the biodiversity of species, pollution control, the landscape and other environmental values including organic and vegan principles, in the specification and selection of raw materials and subcontracted manufacturers.
- 2. Take into account other agricultural and forest related economic, cultural and social values as well as the environmental impacts of practices in the choosing of and correspondence with those who produce and those who process its raw materials, as well as those who manufacture vrishank textiles products.
- 3. Minimise the load on nature and the environment by full life cycle analysis in order to have a soft footprint approach to product development and its subsequent utilisation and disposal.
- 4. Maintain biodiversity and the functions of effected eco systems in accordance with internationally and nationally approved principles including organic agriculture and fibre standards.
- 5. Source raw materials and manufacture products in an effective, ecologically sustainable and economical manner.
- 6. Take its share of responsibility for preserving the environment and for following the principles of organic sustainable development.
- 7. Take full account of the responsibility for maintaining Human Rights protocol for the entire Supply Chain.
OBJECTIVES & IMPLEMENTATION
To ensure full compliance with the aforementioned principles, Vrishank textiles. will ensure that to the best of its knowledge and the limits of its jurisdiction the following guidelines are adhered to:
- 1. All agricultural sources of raw materials must be of good manufacturing practice. Forests and forestry products must be minimum PEFC, preferably FSC certified.
- 2. Raw materials must be sourced as close to the places in which they are processed and distributed as possible, in order to reduce traffic and pollution caused by transport over excessive distances. Materials should also be processed economically close to the manufacturers to whom they will next be sent.
- 3. All processors of raw materials used by vrishank textiles must adhere to good environmental standards: using as few harmful chemicals as possible, emitting as little pollution as possible, disposing sensibly of waste in as ecologically friendly a way as possible and not testing any products on animals. Preferably they will meet certified organic standards.
- 4. The Supply Chain should be monitored and evaluated to ensure all contractors and suppliers are familiar and in compliance with the company's operating principles. Personnel must be trained to ensure they are familiar with and conforming to the company's operating principles, as set out above.
In order to maintain awareness of the aforementioned principles and guidelines, and to promote and affirm continual improvement in this field, Vrishank textiles shall ensure that the following processes are carried out:
- 1. The origins of raw materials and the manufacturing practices of sub-contractors must be examined and verified on an annual basis.
- 2. Operational and environmental objectives should be established, and monitored and updated annually to support the continuing improvement and progression of its environmental practices.
- 3. Targets should be set for achieving these objectives and they should be achieved as part of the planning, implementation and monitoring of all product development and company activities and operations.